How to Join SCHS
You may join SCHS at any time of the year; annual membership is for one year.
To join SCHS, please visit our new SCHS Member Lodge interactive companion website.
Membership starts from your join date and runs for one year.
We invite you to become a member in the Southern California Horticultural Society and begin expanding your gardening experience. Being a member has these benefits:
- Free admittance to regular monthly meetings and a minimum of two free guest passes.
- A subscription to Pacific Horticulture, the magazine for West Coast gardeners (a $28 value), an award winning quarterly publication by the Pacific Horticulture Foundation. (This one benefit is worth membership alone!)
- Ten times a year you will receive a newsletter with meeting, news, and a garden-related calendar of events, plus the Green Sheet (highlights from the Plant Forum).
- Invitations to special garden events and excursions.
- Discounts on society publications and activities.
- Door prize plant won at each meeting by an attending member.
- You support the meetings, speakers, book auctions, plant opportunity drawings, networking and much more that add up to an enhanced horticultural experience for our community.
The following levels of membership are available:
- Individual, $40: receives the newsletter and Pacific Horticulture magazine.
- Student, $25: same as individual (requires proof of enrollment).
- Household, $50: all of the above for two persons residing at the same address.
- Planter, $80: all of the above plus 25 free plant raffle tickets.
- Cultivator, $125: all of the benefits of Planter plus the choice of a SCHS publication.
- Benefactor, $250: all of the benefits of Cultivator, plus 2 free tickets to the annual SCHS Awards Banquet.
Please send questions about membership to: Joel Lichtenwalter, , Tel: (310) 908-5036.